Monday, January 23, 2017

Abuse to Men by Their Female Partners


Being in an abusive relationship is like
framing yourself in a lie. Your life may
look so “right” from the outside looking
in. But, your home life is far from right.
You know that the abuse to you is
wrong, and you seem to be the only
one in your relationship who grasps
this. In fact, you are led to believe
that “it’s all in your head."

Your partner may say, "You have a say; you’re just a loser and don’t speak. Your life is great; you just don’t appreciate a good thing."

Your decisions are not your own, and your voice remains unheard. You are alone. And your loneliness is compounded by the fact that you are a man in an abusive relationship.
Leaving is not an option, as your job is to make “this” work. Leveling the playing field with respect to the aggression in your relationship isn’t possible because from where you stand, real men don’t hit women.

But your manliness is emasculated, so you wonder what is your role in this abusive relationship? Being numb is no longer working because on a primal level you know that no one deserves to be denied the respect and privileges of being human. No one has the right to control you as you are controlled in your intimate relationship.

We’ve just met, so let me introduce myself...as you may be wondering, why listen to me?

 

I have been helping people identify intimate partner violence, child abuse and legal domestic abuse for nearly a decade. And I serve as a consulting expert on both civil and criminal cases of domestic violence.
The first book I wrote on the subject, All But My Soul, became a college textbook in criminal justice. Since this time, I’ve published over 230 articles on identifying, ending and healing from domestic violence and the legal abuse syndrome.
I am a seasoned licensed psychologist of 27 years. And this background gives me the benefit of understanding the psychosocial dynamics that bind abusive relationships as well as the mechanics of healing relationship violence.



Knowing "It" from the Inside Out

 

 

But all of my knowledge about the dynamics of domestic abuse and healing from it doesn’t come from the hundreds of books I have read or from the people I have helped. It also comes from the fact that I, too, lived the nightmare of family violence and spousal abuse.
So I know it from the inside out as well. And I know how hard it is to sort out what's his/hers from what’s yours.
I truly understand how important it is for you to clearly identify and end intimate partner abuse. And I know the benefits this will yield to you and to your entire family.


Learn to Recognize, End and Heal from Abuse
to Men by Their Female Partners 

 

In as little as one afternoon, you will be on your way to identifying and ending intimate partner abuse as it lives in your relationship. This clarification and understanding will equip you with the tools to interrupt the cycle of abuse and heal from the impact of being battered by your intimate partner.

 

 

Ref: From the Desk of Dr. Jeanne King, Ph.D.
Monday January 23, 2017

 

No comments:

Post a Comment